Wednesday, December 19

Poem #3

I wrote this one on August 26, 2007. Enjoy.



"Language"

Each syllable slips from my grip,
I want to spill my soul and free this rage,
Yet I find no words to express my prison.
All I see is your laughing face.
And my tears mock me once again.
While you remain victorious on your platform,
Keeping the letters of the alphabet all for yourself,
I scratch at the roof of my mouth for one vowel,
One single consonant to free me of this silence.
The fools around yammer on and on,
Taking full advantage of language with no remorse.
How many words will they use up until they are silent?
They have no idea of how words can dry up,
And crack up into a million pieces before the point is made.
So I sit and stare and wait for this all to pass
While I attempt to reconstruct my way with words.

No comments: