Monday, December 31

2008

At the end of every year, we all start to think of what we want to go different in the new year. I have been through the list of things I wanted to change in my head. I went through my typical "I am going to lose twenty pounds" and then "I am going to quit smoking". Then, I think of how many times I have said that I was going to lose weight and how many times I have said that the cigarette in my hand was going to be my last. [insert excuses i will make up for the rest of the year]
I have decided that I want to actually make goals that I wanted to make, and could possibly make. I like smoking and I am not that upset about the few (maybe more than a few) pounds I have put on this year. I figured out the few things I wanted that I would actually go out for and I would not say on January 3rd "Ew, I hate these headaches I get without my morning smoke" or the "OMG! JON JUST TAKE ME TO JACK IN THE BOX WHAT CAN TWO TACOS HURT?!" Here is my list of things I hope to accomplish in the next year (some sooner than later):

Get a new job
Let go of what has happened with my parents
Get my license
Maybe even learn how to drive a stick
Get a dog
Move into a new place
& stop stressing out as much (because i am sick of damn panic attacks)


There is my list of things I want. There are a few other things I want to happen this year but some of them are far-fetched so I will just keep them in my "dreamer" list. For now I just hope that my bebe can make those idiots at his job actually work tonight so he can come home before one am. Here is to 2008. I hope that shit can get better this year.

3 comments:

Arielle Fragassi said...

Happy New Year!

Unfortunately, this year, I really do have to keep my resolution of losing weight. The longer I keep putting off exercise and eating right, the harder it will be to lose.

Good luck with learning stick. It's hard at first, but you just have to keep at it and practice. It took me a while to get it down, but it's pretty rewarding when you get in a car and someone gets all wide-eyed and impressed that you can do it!

Anonymous said...

i never really make "new year" resolutions, i simply make them along the way :D but if anything, i'll try to not lose my temper so often.. keep my cool XD

Cocaine Princess said...

Happy New Year,

You wrote about having a dreamer's list. I urge you to pursue them because you never know they could come true. Pursue them with a passion and don't give up. And if someone tells you you can't do them, it's probably because they themselves failed at it.
XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess