Saturday, January 5

Still Alive!

Still have a little something in my throat but after sleeping more than I did last year combined I am feeling much better. [I think my throat could still be scratchy because I am dumb and still smoke (less than what I normally smoke) while I am sick.] Anyway, I did do some writing while I was have alive. I also watched me some Rent for the first time. OH, I loved it! I already know the words to most of the songs [this could be the other reason why my throat still hurts; i never give it a break.] and those songs are already the most played songs on my Zune. Plus, I have decided that while I am doing a bunch of nothing that I would learn something. I have decided to learn ASL [American Sign Language]. I can already sign a few things including the phrase "Please help me! Where is the brown cow? Where you the brown cow?" Spiffy, I know. Well before I get off and contniue to catch up on season 2 of Ugly Betty [I am now deeply in love with this show.] I will leave y'all one of the poems I wrote.


BLUE

a shiver up her back,
smoke carelessly pushed,
between cracked silent lips.

pale arms dangle over the bed.
empty eyes gaze out into
the fantasy in this nowhere place.

all this speech about nothing,
she feels a shade of dark blue.
this is more than she wanted him to know.

3 comments:

Arielle Fragassi said...

I've wanted to watch Rent, as well as Chicago, but no one will watch it with me, and I'm not big on watching stuff by myself. I finally got my boyfriend to watch Hairspray and he spent most of the time grossed out by the jiggling that was going on. :(

I'm glad you're still alive, by the way, and I enjoyed the poem.

DragonRaid said...

hope you feel better. good poem.

Anonymous said...

one of the reasons it takes me FOR-EVER to get better is cause i never give it a rest while i'm sick XD it's boring, right? lol