Monday, January 21

Planted Feet

" Used to be all of me, but it's all on the bitch now
They wanna get me stuck, they comin' into my world
It's too late I got, my wife, my bitch, my girl"


balance beam mocking.
this time there is no victory.
no award, no celebration.
there is no joy.
why are you still standing there?

foolish feelings choking.
in my head, it is caving in.
desperately attempting a turn around.
why are you still standing there?

oh empty promises.
oh glorious day i await.
i hear the drone of queen bee.
right path, right choice, right move.
i follow in a robotic trance.
tears kept inside now.
why are you still standing there?

2 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

Your poem has such emotion and feeling. Some days I feel like that.
Thank you for your wonderful support. I look forward in reading more of your poems.
XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess

Commissioner said...

This one hit all the marks for me. I enjoyed the punchyness of this.