Saturday, January 26

Blast From The Past

Wow.
After a year or more of silence.
After a year of more of nothingness.
All the colors got soaked down and you entered.
It is the wrong time.
I am a new person.
Yet you still understand me completely.

We spoke as if a day had not passed.
I laughed a full laugh.
I even smiled a bit.
The flowers bloomed in my soul,
and the wishes came back to shore.

Oh boy.
Oh you, the one I have a full blue notebook of writings about.
My sixteen/barely seventeen year old self yearns.
My face brightens when my phone rings.

One hour.
Two hours.
Three hours.
Neither of us can get off the phone.
Dawn breaks and we must go.


Either tomorrow or tuesday,
depending on my new schedule,
we will meet.
I am scared.
Less scared, more excited.


I want nothing more than a nice friendship.
You call me the girl who got away.




Things are strange.
Stranger than anything my imagination could concoct.

4 comments:

Bharat said...

Hehe... nothing like that excitement... and it's rarely ever unfounded... there's something about 'blasts from the past' :)

HeatherrrEloise said...

indeed there is.
pulled out that blue notebook
mentioned and all i thought was
"wow"

Johnny Virgil said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. Andrew McMahon is a talented bastard.

JV

Victoria said...

all i have to say is:

wow.

i was reading a bunch of your past entries, and for some reason i reallyreallyreallyreallyreally like this one