Friday, February 22

Let Go, Let Flow

There is a book I love called "Lucas" by Kevin Brooks. I read it a while ago. The first page, however, has one line I will never forget.

The father tells the girl to cry herself a story.



Last night, I began to think about some of the things in my life that have affected me greatly.
Those few certain things that I cannot fully talk about with others.
I have narrowed it down to three things:

My father
My current relationship
My first job

I thought about 'crying myself a story' and the thought scared me to death.
Well, it scared me enough to make me finally go to bed.
I had finished reading "Wicked" and started reading the latest Augusten Burroughs book and figured that after looking inside my head for a little bit was enough to make me say goodnight to dear Mr. Burroughs and sleep.
(Being inside my own head for more than ten minutes is, for the most part, a terrifying journey.)

Today, I woke up and I still wanted to 'cry myself a story', so I chose work.
I would write all I could about my old job and then, let that place finally die.
No longer would I resent anyone, or myself for what happened.
I would write it all out, and then I would be done.
I figure if I can do that, then maybe (MAYBE) I could move on to the harder subjects.


Plus, I used to tell many stories about my job when I was still in school and people always told me to write a book about it. Well, here goes.
My first attempt at a book.
A difficult piece of my history will be the topic.



Bright side: Even if the book is a pile of garbage and I never want to show it to 'the world', at least all the crap that happened will be off my chest and in a papery grave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that IS good line. i've had tough things happen, but since i'm always writing about them (either on paper and then throwing it away, or on a blog but w/out THAT many details) then i get them off my chest and it feels better.

Commissioner said...

Embrace your past, and learn from it. :)

jeff said...

I don't care if you think it's pile of garbage, I would like to read it.

The Ponderer said...

Hmmm... I guess I'm not phased by some sorts of intellectualism since that line didn't mean much to me.

"(Being inside my own head for more than ten minutes is, for the most part, a terrifying journey.)" You and me both!!!

And I believe the poet's ring would be more than happy to read your book.

Cocaine Princess said...

I think all of us, no matter who were are, at some one point have had some sort of heartache.

XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess