Wednesday, July 9

HAZE

Living life in an awful haze,
I thought my cups were full.
As the bandages fell from my, once blinded, eyes
I realize my pockets had been empty for days.
Left insecure ---

I had yet to completely wake up.


You stole from me all that I had;
I allowed you to.
My dreams were shredded into chaos.
Importance shifted to lesser ideals.
I danced to a tune you sang,
and destroyed everything I came across.
Left in shambles ---

I had yet to completely wake up.



From a coma-like trance I wake.
Weak, like a newborn, I could not rise.
As my thoughts became in sync,
and my focus filtered out your meddling
I learned to stand by myself.

One step left: following this path I created,
without you.

7 comments:

Tessa Rose said...

I love this poem. I read it 4 times right in a row just so I could really let it sink in. Beautiful.

DragonRaid said...

"one step left: following this path I created, without you."

that part hits me the most.

Arielle Fragassi said...

Powerful and great poem.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. = )


And, Jack's Mannequin! <3

sue said...

You seems to have great poetic skills. Good show...keep it up

Flowers said...

Nice blog, Enjoyed going through it. Keep it up the good work. Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Simply perfect!