Tuesday, July 8

Diabetes

Blurry vision.
Stomach aches.
Bruises taking abnormally long to heal.
Late periods.
Headaches.

Web MD tells me I am diabetic or have 'pre-diabetes' (which means
I need to stop eating like a lard ass or I will become diabetic.) and
I laugh. Fuck Web MD, right? It is just a web site.

I call my grandmother who has had diabetes, syndrome 'x' (which is
the worst form of diabetes apparently), and I tell her the information
above. She tells me to go to the doctor because diabetes runs in our family
and I am overweight and have a terrible diet.

I had a job at McDonalds. The day before I plan to go to the doctor
I get fired because I was not 'flexible' enough for them. This would,
typically, make me become negative and spiral downwards into a deep
dark sulky hole.

Instead I decided to get off my lazy ass and start eating right and
working out.


I have always had problems with motivation and keeping up
with eating right. I love fast food. I love soda. Now those foods
and soda make me feel wretched.


Two weeks and I am three pounds lighter.
I do not feel sick. I still have the blurry vision
but no stomach aches (except when I had a small
coke on forth of July) and no headaches.
I am feeling great. My attitude has improved.
I took a situation and make it work for me, not against me.


Wow.
Go me.

3 comments:

Bharat said...

go you! :)

glad to know you're fighting it and not being a pussy (not that you ever were, just some people)... keep it up!

oh, and i love [iamfinewithoutyou]... i was going to comment, but i need a stupid myspace thinger for that...

Bharat said...

oh, right... you did :)

Arielle Fragassi said...

I had a bruise that took two weeks to heal. :o Maybe I should lay off the sodas and burgers...but they're so tasty!

Go you for not sinking into a downwards spiral, which is what I would have done. ^.^